Sunday, April 5, 2009

Brennan's Wave and Strongwater opening!

Kayaking season is upon us...



The good old Clark Fork water levels have been on the rise and with Lochsa season bearing down on me I've put in my two weeks notice at work so I can kayak my brains out for a few weeks before I start my new job taking photos for ROW on the mighty Lochsa...

As if all of this wasn't enough to get your juices flowing, local playboating rockstars KB and Luke just opened up their new paddleshop - Strongwater. They're stocking all kinds of Jackson kayaks (That dynamic duo demo is calling my name already) and other cool kayaking stuff. They started everything off with a keg of beer and a party Saturday afternoon. Combine that with a little afternoon session on Brennan's Wave and you've got one helluva Saturday.

Darren Rabosky kicked the day off with a couple spins on the surfer's left wave. With the water levels coming up the left wave has gotten better than it was this winter, but the real action has been on the middle hole.


The middle wave gave up some big loops, and sorts of other little trickies for the paddlers out there tough enough to throw them down.



Patrick Hooper has been working hard on his loops for the past week, and they're starting to look straight up effortless.


The rest of us had to work a bit harder for our loops. While there is plenty of power in the middle hole, it isn't super steep, so timing is essential and finding that sweet spot is a must to make big tricks happen.


Darren and I spent a pretty frustrating afternoon trying to finish out our loops. Which was made all the more frustrating because we had to watch Patrick do this.


Anyone who's in Missoula or passing through Missoula should also stop by and check out Strongwater, killer owners and I'm sure it's gonna be one helluva shop. Check them out on Facebook right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment